No doubt about it, I love to color and so of course, love colored pencils and watercolor pencils. This is a nice set that is marketed as both colored pencils and watercolors, I use other pencils both ways so didn’t know there was something special fabrication to differentiate. I do know that some sets are more successful than others, and this is VERY SUCCESSFUL at playing both roles.
* These blend like butter!
* Works wonderfully with water
* Extras included: Pencil case, brush, eraser, and sharpener *see notes about them below
* Six sides to the pencils so they don’t roll
* Coloring is effortless, you don’t need to press hard
* Easy to get a light shade and a dark shade with the same pencil
* Nice colors, 48 pre-sharpened pencils with no repeats. This set has every color you would need for most coloring projects. If it isn’t included, it is so easy to just blend it yourself!
* Once you start using them, you will need to make sure you have your pencil sharpener on hand. They are so soft that you go through them very quickly.
* For good coverage, you may need to go over the same area two times unless you are pressing hard
* This great pencil case makes these pencils easy to take with you anywhere. The case is made of canvas with a PU leather pencil guard and trim. The case is very well sewn and the buttons are strong. You can actually roll this up completely or use the extra button and use the extra strap length it gives you to make a little carrying purse. Roll up your coloring books and it will rest inside of your new little purse and you are set to go!
* The eraser that is included is really nice. When I have used it I can’t even see any marks left over! It wipes away cleanly and easily. I am very impressed with it.
* The brush and the pencil sharpener are just your average tools. They work but there isn’t anything special about them. I do have a tip for sharpening pencils, though: Hold your pencil steady and turn the pencil sharpener. You will have less waste of your pencils that way and get a sharper tip quicker.
This is really a great set for beginners to advanced hobbyist. I have certainly been impressed with it and I am very picky about what I use to color with. No two brands that I have tried have ever been the same. The pencils are above average and the case and eraser take this to a 5-star rating!
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this Artustry Colored Pencil Set PLUS Watercolor – Includes: 48 Pencils, Protective Roll Up Canvas Case, Watercolor Brush, Eraser, and Pencil Sharpener on Amazon and received it at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. (This review was originally published on Amazon before the changes in TOS.)