Naturalico Shiatsu Massager (Heated) – Kneading Massage Therapy for Foot, Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain – Relieves Sore Muscles – Total Body Relaxation
Perfect for anyone who requires or wants massage on a regular basis
Shiatsu is a deep muscle massage, if you are used to having a nice relaxing massage you will probably be surprised at how deep and strong this type of massage is. It can actually be painful depending on your body structure. You can adjust how much pressure and “strength” that is put on your body as this massager does it’s work by the way you hold your arms in the massager sleeves. If you want a really deep massage you can rest your forearms on the inside of the sleeves and pull the massager tight against your body. If you need a less intense massage you just need to relax your arms within the sleeves a little bit more.
The first few times you use it you might find it to be a little awkward to put on correctly. Place it around your neck with the handles hanging straight over your shoulder then put your arms through the handles like you are putting a cape on. The same goes for anywhere else you want to massage, you wear the massager like a cape and just adjust where the nodes are on your body. The exception to this is that it has some handy velcro straps on it that help secure it around your waist snugly so that you can really work your lower back. The instruction booklet tells you how to do this and if you watch my video, you can see how to do it on there.
You are supposed to be able to use this pretty much anywhere on your body except for your head and arms. I find it much too strong to use on my calfs and feet. That could be a sensitivity issue, though.
After you have it plugged in and it is on your body you just push the power button, which is the center button. The heat automatically comes on at this point. To turn the heat off simply press the top button. You can turn it back on by pressing the same button. The bottom button changes the direction of the message heads.
There are 4 massage nodes, which are the hard black ball like structures, two on each side of the massage unit. The second 2 round things on the massager provide heat as well as some muscle massage. The instruction booklet identifies these as massage heads, not nodes. The booklet also doesn’t mention anywhere 4 different patterns to the massager and I haven’t found any way to change the pattern it goes in. It goes forward and backward, with the backward pattern being the reverse of the forward pattern. I am not sure what people are referring to when they say they like a certain pattern out of the 4. Maybe they are confusing the word node with mode and since the massage heads are constantly moving before they stop and reverse, people might think it is actually changing the pattern, or node/mode. I am going to have to talk to the seller about this to verify it. Perhaps my unit is broken?
Notable advantages of this massager:
* Comes with an AC adapter to plug it into a wall outlet and also an adapter to use in the car
* Once you put it on a few times it is very easy to take on and off and move it around
* Heats up quickly and doesn’t get so hot that you will get burned
* Multi-Directional massage functionality
* Auto shutoff off the heat after 20 minutes
* The material on this is very soft, the product description says that this is leather but I am not sure about that.
* The cord on the massager often disconnects from the power adapter. It is no big deal but you can obviously tell that the connection is not tight.
* After falling in love with this, I decided to read the whole instruction booklet and found out that you should not use this where oxygen is being administered. You would think that this would be safe enough that it isn’t going to let off sparks or anything. Since you can’t use this around oxygen, I am ruled out since I am on oxygen 24/7. I suppose this is going to make a very nice present for someone.
Something to consider:
* The nodes are very hard so you can’t lean back against anything that would push against massage unit as you are using it
I think this is something extremely nice to have and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a way to be able to have a massage whenever they would like to and it is much less expensive than regular massages. Skipping one massage given by a masseuse pays for this unit. I am just extremely disappointed for myself but I do know that other people will benefit from this.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this 4 Naturalico Shiatsu Massager (Heated) – Kneading Massage Therapy for Foot, Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain – Relieves Sore Muscles – Total Body Relaxation on Amazon and received it for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised; all opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.