Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/atreasu0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 536
Product Review :: Small/Medium Easy Open 7 Day Travel Pill Box, Prescription & Medication Organizer with Pill Case from Stuff Seniors Need
What Seniors Need, and What Spoonies need too! If you are not sure what a Spoonie is, it is a person who deals with a chronic illness that has limited amounts of energy (spoons) a day. I am not a Senior, but I am definitely a Spoonie. I take a lot of medications, of course at different times of the day. This pill box not only helps to stay organized, it helps you and your caregiver make sure that your medication is being properly dispensed and that it is being taken. At times I can be so tired, sick, or in so much pain that I am not thinking straight so, a pill organizer is a must. It is not good for me to miss a dosage or to take a double dosage because I can’t remember if I took something or not.
* Helps you to stay on your medication schedule by filling the box once a week
* Saves time by doing it a week at once instead of each time you need to take your medication
* Brightly colored sections, one color for each day of the week
* 4 compartments per day, labeled
* Compartments are easy to open and snap shut
* You can easily slip out a day from the holder instead of taking the whole thing with you if you are going somewhere
* The holder for the individual days is made of sturdy plastic that will last. There are slots in the bottom of the holder that you can use to pop out the individual trays if they are giving you trouble when you try to get them out.
* Nice leather case to ensure privacy. I know I don’t like other people to see what medications I am on or how many pills I have to take.
* This looks much better on my nightstand than 10 different pill bottles!
* Leather case is easy to open with a Velcro tab, when closed it helps to ensure nothing falls open if accidentally dropped
* Nice plastic pocket in the lid of the case that holds a general information paper you can fill out, there is room to keep your medication list on the back of the paper. I like it that it is not permanent, you can choose to have that or replace it with something else if/when needed. You can easily take this medication list with you to the doctor or hospital, making paperwork and questions there much easier. The general information is also great if you leave your pill case somewhere.
* Even before my new case was delivered, I received an email full of really helpful information along with contact information for different services Seniors might be in need of. Even though I am not a Senior, I thought it was great that the company selling these was really thinking about their customers and wanted to give them lots of resources to check into if they were in need of anything. I think it is great that the company found a way to offer their customers more without increasing costs at all. That information could actually be priceless to someone!
* If you take large pills, they may not fit. I use the third slot for pills that don’t fit where they should. If you take large vitamin supplements, you might want to look for something larger than this.
* Some of the words are already rubbing off of the pill boxes, but you can use a Sharpie to write on these if you have trouble remembering what is what.
* There was a problem with the sewing on my leather case by the closure tab. The person sewing it missed about an inch section, veering off the leather itself. So my case is split open there but it is easily fixable with some glue.
* The plastic hinges on the pill cases are very thin. One problem I have had in the past with pill holders similar to this is the hinges breaking. You then have to depend on the snap closure on the other side of it to keep your pills in place, which doesn’t always work. I am going to monitor this and if I do have a problem with the hinges or anything else on this case, I will update my review.
I am really happy with my pill case. As I mentioned, it certainly takes up much less space on my vanity and looks so much nicer than a bunch of scattered pill bottles. A well put together pill organizer is a must if you are caring for someone who is ill, have aging parents who are taking more medication or are ill yourself. This would make a nice gift as well. It shows that you care and want to make sure that the person you are giving it to won’t forget something or have to wonder if they took their medicine at a certain time or not which could cause them to take too much medicine. This happens more than you know and I am not just speaking from my own experience. By keeping medication in a pill organizer, you can tell at a glance what you need to take or if the medication has already been taken. Chronic illness and age can do many unexpected things to your thought processes. Help your loved ones as much as you can, a well thought out pill organizer like this one is just one of the many ways you can help, but a very important one.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this Easy Open 7 Day Travel Pill Box, Prescription & Medication Organizer with Pill Case from Stuff Seniors Need, (For Small to Medium Sized Pills Up To 0.75″ in length) on Amazon and received it at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. (This is an older review I am just now sharing on my blog, created and published before the TOS changes.) All ratings are earned and never promised. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.