Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/atreasu0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 536
When I first started Reviewing on Amazon, one of the things I had the most trouble with was getting the Promotional Codes to work.
Having never used a promotional code before, I wasn’t quite sure what to do. After I would enter my code in the Gift Card / Promotional Code box, I would sometimes get an error, or even more frustrating, nothing would happen at all. Once I got these basics figured out, I have rarely had any trouble.
Don’t just automatically assume that the code is bad. More often than not, one of these options will fix it.
- Copy and paste the code instead of typing it to avoid any errors.
- The promotional product should be the only item in your cart. Having multiple items in your cart can result in the code not working. This is not true every time, but so often that I don’t even try to check out with more than a single promotional product in my cart anymore.
- Make sure there are no extra spaces before or after the code.
- If it says that the code has been applied but the price has not changed, scroll down to the shipping options and change your selection. This recalculates the order total and your discount should show now. Remember to change your shipping back to your preferred method.
- Remove the item from your cart, close your browser and open a new one as an added precaution. Start the order process again, hopefully with a positive outcome.
- Are you using a special font on your computer or phone? I have heard that can trip up Amazon though I have never experienced it myself.
- If you have access to another computer/phone, try ordering from there.
- Amazon could be having problems, wait a few hours and try again.
- If all else fails, contact the seller (or admin) for a new code.
Note: If for some reason you don’t place your order after entering it, the promotional code discount will remain on your account until it is used or until the promotion expires.
If you are an experienced Reviewer, I am sure you have figured out all of these tips already, but I did want to write this for anyone who is new in the hope that it might save them some frustration.
For more information, here is what Amazon has to say on the subject: Redeem a Promotional Code
Does anyone else have any special tips or tricks that they have found to be beneficial? I love hearing from you all!
Life is about the map we follow and the treasures we find along the way ~ Serendipity!