I have loved globes since I was a little girl so I thought this would be a great gift for my son!
* Can be used as an educational toy or as a decoration
* The educational opportunities are endless
* The continents are shown realistically, the globe seems to be in proportion
* Each continent is shown as a different color than it’s neighbor, except for the US
* Great size at 8″, easy for any child ages 4 and up to play with and learn from
* The base and stand come off, making it easy to hang from the ceiling
* The Latitude/Longitude, Timezones, Equinox, Ocean/Wind Currents, International Date Line, and Time Zones
* Made of materials that will last
* Seems accurate
* There is almost too much information on it, making it hard to read
* Even though it is a nice size, I wish I would have gone a little bit larger so that it would be easier to read
* There is a grouping of very small dings along with a shallow dent of about 3/4″ where it looks like someone might have dropped it.
* Each state in the US is shown as a different color which might be confusing to some people
It seems that the problem some reviewers have had with the states and capitals has been resolved. They are on my globe, but since there are other cities that they have included, it can be confusing.
Would I buy this again or recommend to a friend? YES!!! I love it not only for the nostalgic memories it brings back, but for the educational opportunities that it will give my son. That is well worth the price point of less than $20.00 at the time I ordered it.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this TCP Global 8″ (20cm) Blue Ocean Desktop World Globe Black Base on Amazon and received it at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.