This is the second time I have ordered gel pens from US Art Supply. I spend most of my time in bed due to my health and so have a lot of time on my hands. I like to keep myself occupied and one of my favorite things to do is color. I find it to be very relaxing and stress-free. There is nothing hard about it except choosing what to color, what to color with, and then what specific color you will use! To some, 120 pens might seem overkill but if you color a lot, you will go through a lot of pens, colored pencils, markers, crayons, and whatever else you use.
The first set of gel pens I ordered from US Art Supply was a 48 pen set, US Art Supply Jewelescent 48 Color Gel Pen Set Professional Artist Quality Gel Ink Pens. My review is basically the same but I do have a few different points to make so they are both worth reading for more information. At least my hope is that you find them useful 🙂
These are some really nice gel pens. I would say they are for anyone who is entry level to being a fairly serious colorist. Some of the colors, especially the Glitters, would be appreciated by professionals.
Of all the sets I have ever used by any manufacturer, no two are the same.
This set is one of the better sets that I have used.
* 120 colors to choose from, tons of options which I love! *see complete list of colors below
* You are able to naturally blend with some of the colors if you do it quickly
* You can completely color over another color, not always possible with other sets
* Fine tips, excellent for tiny areas
* You can actually use the case to store the pens in if you are careful
* The ink dries quickly, hardly any smearing
* Minimal color bleeding to the back of the page, only dark colors
* Color-coded tips and caps that are accurate
* Non-toxic, acid-free, meets ASTM D-4236 standards
* Great for coloring, doodling, writing letters and cards, journaling, scrapbooking, or any number of other possibilities
* I was able to write on greeting cards and shiny slick paper with these which is a bonus since a lot of pens won’t do that
* Lifetime Guarantee! If you have a problem with them, contact them and they will give you your money back. A Lifetime Guarantee is something not seen a lot anymore and something that can be very nice when you run into trouble.
* The ink itself is not consistent, more or less can come out of a pen requiring shaking during use if not enough, bleeding out of the intended area if there is too much.
* The tips are almost too fine, leaving line marks instead of flowing into the fibers
* The tips will mar the back of a thin caliper paper such as copy paper and many coloring books
These are a really good set of pens that I do recommend. The Glitters are by far my favorite group, with the Metallics coming in a close second. I have really enjoyed using them and have found them to be fun to work with. Out of 120 pens, I have only had one that broke after shaking it when it wasn’t writing very well.
One improvement I might recommend would be to add some kind of comfort grip. Whatever your favorite artistic hobby is, though, I think that you will really enjoy these gel pens. In my first set, I had a problem with the silver metal tips not being screwed on all of the pens correctly. I did not have that problem with this set.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this US Art Supply® Jewelescent® 120 Gel Pen Set – Professional Artist Quality Gel Ink Pens in Vibrant Colors – Classic, Glitter, Metallic, Neon, Pastel & Swirl Colors – 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on Amazon and received it for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.