Pens worked for a while but then leaked and wouldn’t write anymore, I was not able to get a replacement set
When I first received these pens I was thrilled with them. You can never have enough gel pens and these had so many positive things going for them. I had a great review in mind but had to change it after using these pens again after they had not been used for a few weeks.
* Great variety of colors, very fine lines
* Colors did not bleed through the page
* The Metallic colors especially were very vibrant and distinct
* Non-toxic and acid free
* Very nice case, this is the nicest plastic case I have ever received pens in. It is thick and has three tab closures on it. This was designed to last.
* These come with a Lifetime Guarantee, you will probably have to use Amazon’s A to Z guarantee though…..
* The pens are a little thin and wobble a little when you write with them. I think with a thicker shell they would be much easier to use.
* I was showing these to my daughter-in-law who also loves to color and she wanted to try them out. Right away she noticed that a few of them would not write, even though the caps had been placed on correctly. I told her to shake it gently and ink went flying everywhere. It got all over her brand new blouse, her t-shirt she was wearing under it, and my bedspread. After I discovered this problem I decided to shake each one to see if they were all okay or had the same problem. Shaking a pen gently is something I often do when the ink is not flowing. Two more pens broke right away and then a few days later, 3 more. Four of the pens will not write. So now I have a set of 36 pens but only 26 work. However, I don’t want to chance using them and possibly ruining more clothing or a coloring page work in progress.
* Since there is a Lifetime Guarantee I contacted them. I was promised a replacement set over a month ago. I have contacted them four additional times with no response. If someone promises a Lifetime Guarantee, they need to deliver on it. Since this is in the Product Description I do consider this to be part of the Product Review and not Feedback.
If you would like to take your chances and you do get a good set, you will really like them. Be careful of all of the disadvantages I listed and keep some Stain Remover on hand. I have found that if you soak ink with hairspray first and then stain remover, it is an effective stain remover. Stain remover does not always work by itself on ink. My take away from this is that at least I got a nice container to use for other pens.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I ordered this set of GL-Sail(TM) 36 Pack Diamante Tipped Gel Pens with Case, for Adult Coloring Books and Drawing (Glitter, Neon, Pastel) on Amazon and received it at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own and I am in no way influenced or associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.