Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/atreasu0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 538
Accurate and Comfortable
I experience sinus tachycardia when I move around so I like to keep an eye on my heart rate. I have been considering the different ways to do it. In the past, I have had to wear a portable holtor monitor prescribed my doctor for various lengths of time but to purchase one of those on my own would be too expensive. I was fortunate to come across this Bluetooth heart rate monitor because it will work with various apps and I have found several that work for what I want. I need something that I can wear that will monitor my heart 24/7 so that I will not only have verification of any immediate problems but also have access to data that both my doctor and I can look at to recognize any patterns or trends with my heart rate.
The phone I paired this with is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Bluetooth 4.0, Android 5.0.
* Works with multiple apps, you can find the one that works best for your needs
* iOS and Android compatible
* Accurate – I measured this against 2 different oximeters and BP monitor
* Band is comfortable to wear, adjustable for many different sizes
* You are able to wash the band, huge plus when you wear something constantly
* Device attaches/detaches easily, no tangle of wires
* Easy to manage by myself
* I can see right away when my HR is staying high for too long a period of time and then do what i can to get it down myself with medication or rest vs going to the ER.
* With the advantage of working with so many apps, everyone is bound to find one that tracks the kinds of things they are interested in be it just plain HR shown on the display of your phone to elaborate charts and graphs displaying your HR data along with your exercise statistics.
* The directions could have been a little more explicit when it comes to how the device pairs with apps (it doesn’t pair through Bluetooth scanning, but through scanning within each app) and the need for the band to be very moist in order to work. I really don’t like that the band has to be wet to work. It is not only uncomfortable, once it dries I loose my connectivity and then have to go through the pairing process again.
Ideally, it would have been nice if this monitor came with its own app. Many of the ones that were recommended didn’t work because of different updates to them or changes in compatibility. I am not done searching for the perfect app yet, but for my use as a 24/7 monitor I have been using primarily BLE Heart Rate Monitor, HRMonitor, and MotiFIT which I found all on Google Play. I will update this review as I find more apps that are useful for monitoring your HR 24/7. I am not really interested in all of the apps that were recommended in the first place since they are more for monitoring your heart rate during exercise. My exercise is walking as far as the bathroom and brushing my teeth.
In fact, the change you see here of an average HR of 75 to a high of 121 was when I simply walked into the bathroom and back. You can see that something as simple as walking raises my HR, so it is important that I keep a close eye on it so that it doesn’t get dangerously high.
I am excited to show my doctor this heart rate monitor on my next visit along with some data, once I decide which app I like the best. This is such a reasonably priced product (under $40.00 at the time of this review) that anyone who has an interest in or really needs to be monitoring their heart rate will be able to justify the cost easily. It is probably much less expensive than your copay if you have to wear an holtor monitor or event monitor for any length of time.
Please note, many of the pictures are of the apps I have been using. I wanted you to be able to get a feel for the kind of data you will see and so you will know that it was actually tested and used. What you will receive when you get this is the monitor, elastic band, battery, and battery compartment tool. Which app you choose is up to you.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I was selected to receive this Smarssen Portable Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor, iOS and Android Compatible at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All ratings are earned and never promised; all opinions and thoughts expressed are my own, and I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or seller. I received no compensation other than the product sample. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.